Subscribe via Email
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Investigation Before Inspection & Xactimate EstimateToo many insurance restoration contractors fail to investigate the available data for insurance repair jobs, before rushing out to the damaged property to conduct an inspection and complete an Xactimate estimate. A great deal of focus and attention can and should be spent beforehand to qualify the job and the client first.
- Getting Overhead & Profit Approved on Roof Claims | Adjuster RebuttalsFeaturing a questions and answers session with roofing contractors and Chad Michael, The Practitioner, on insurance adjuster rebuttals in getting overhead and profit (O&P) and Xactimate estimates approved on insurance restoration roofing claims. Multiple topics covered including tips for State Farm and Nationwide claims, supplementing procedures, building code upgrades (ICC: IBC, IRC, IECC) and much […]
- How to Control the Insurance AdjusterHow to handle the insurance adjuster appointment and take control of the situation. When meeting with a field insurance adjuster and compiling your Xactimate estimate, how you formulate your strategy can mean all the difference for winning roofing contractors. You already have the disadvantage of not being able to discuss policy and coverage. This video […]
- Roof Tarps - Insurance Company ApprovedIt is perplexing to me how many roofing contractors, general contractors, restoration contractors, public adjusters, insurance adjusters and property owners aren't FIRST focusing on protecting properties after a catastrophe. Roof tarps are insurance company APPROVED! Drywall, insulation, carpet, wood, etc... these products cannot withstand rain. The property owner has the obligation to mitigate the damages; […]
- Insurance Adjuster RebuttalsInsurance Adjuster Rebuttals | Ridge, Starter, Waste, O&P and More What do you do when the insurance adjuster says they don't want to pay for items on your Xactimate repair estimate? Ridge caps, starter, waste factor, overhead & profit (O&P) and more. Let's solve these problems for the many Insurance Restoration Contractors, roofing contractors, general contractors, […]
- Preparing The Customer For Insurance ProcessIs your customer on your team? Are you on the same page? Signing a new customer to a roofing sales (or insurance restoration sales) contract is a serious commitment, and one that should be taken seriously. Properly preparing and educating your customer about the insurance restoration process, about Xactimate and helping them anticipate what to […]
- Tarp Tactics For Large Profits In XactimateProperty owners have the obligation of immediately mitigating damages. Tarping a roof 100% can be a great profit generator for roofing contractors, and can help win more roofing jobs. Xactimate pays quite a bit when estimating and installing correctly. In this episode, we will cover it all. Let's get it! -Chad Michael #ThePractitioner
- RFG vs DMOWelcome to another episode of The Practitioner Podcast! Xactimate pays significantly less and is not correct in many of its default trade settings in estimates for: RFG vs DMO, INS vs DMO, DRY vs DMO and much more. Xactimate trade differences pay less. Knowing how to manually correct these line items in Xactimate after consuming […]
- When Should I Send The Xactimate Estimate?In this episode we address questions from the community with our guest, Brian Macdonald. Questions include: "When should I send the Xactimate estimate to the insurance company?" "What do I do when the insurance adjuster says that the roof isn't covered because of 'blistering'?" and more! Brian Macdonald is an independent expert damage consultant and […]
- Three Phases of the Insurance Restoration IndustryMitigation, Contents and Reconstruction. This episode takes a deep dive into the three phases of the insurance restoration industry. There are many professionals in the industry who specialize in these various categories.
- 8,790 Views